How to Make Iced Coffee
This short video will show you how to make a refreshing iced coffee at home.
When making iced coffee, we recommend using lighter roasted coffees preferably from Kenya or Ethiopia. This will give a fruity and floral aroma and a nice acidity to your iced coffee.
500g hot water.
30g good coffee, preferably one from Kenya with a nice acidity and fruity aromas.
6g regular sugar or high quality honey to taste.
1. Start with placing a V60 filter in a dripper and rinse it with water. Pour it out when done. place the dripper on any suitable vessel. (we are using the Hario V60 filter setup, but this recipe can be used with any filter cone and paper filter.)
2. Using scales, measure 30g of coffee and grind on the same setting you would use for making hot coffee. Add the coffee to your dripper.
3. Again by using your scales, pour around 60g of hot water over the coffee. After doing so, stir around the coffee with a teaspoon and make everything wet.
4. After a few seconds pour more water over the coffee until your scales show 200g. Make sure all the coffee is wet at all times by gently stirring around as you go.
5. Continue adding more and more water and until you have gone through 500g of water. This should take around 3 minutes.
6. When done, add 6g of regular sugar to the finished brew and stir around with a spoon.
7. Pour the coffee into a metal vessel and chill it in the fridge. When ready to serve on a hot summers day, pour the coffee in a glass bottle and put the bottle on ice to make it stay cold longer. Serve in a wine glass.
Don’t forget to check out our Youtube channel for more coffee related videos.