How to brew with an Aeropress
In this video, Tim will show you how to make a a cup of excellent coffee or moka (strong coffee like the one from a Bialetti coffee maker) with an Aeropress.
Here is our basic Aeropress recipe for a filter like coffee:
- Rinse the paper filter with running tap water for a few seconds.
- Use 14 grams of freshly fine filter ground coffee (light roast)
- Pour 200g of water at boiling temperature over the coffee.
- Stir 3 times.
- Place the plunger on the Aeropress in order to prevent the water from draining through the filter and let the coffee steep for 60 seconds.
- After 60 seconds of steeping time, take the plunger off and stir 3 times back to front.
- Then place the plunger on top of the Aeropress and press the contents into a large cup or pitcher by using your body weight. (Don’t over press)
For a stronger coffee similar to the one made on a Bialetti pot, you can follow this recipe:
- Rinse the paper filter with running tap water for 10 seconds.
- Use 20 grams of espresso roasted coffee ground for Bialetti moka pots (quite fine).
- Pour 100 – 150g of water brought to a boil (straight from the water boiler) on the ground coffee.
- Give the brew 3 vigorous stirs.
- Press by using your body weight and enjoy.
Looking to buy an Aeropress? Check out our webshop for details.