I am excited to announce that the “Svart Presisjon”, the new automatic filter coffee brewer from Wilfa, has finally been launched for sale. I have spent a lot of time over the past 2 years together with Wilfa giving them feedback and teaching them about coffee. The first result was the manual brewer “Svart Manuell”, but that was meant as a teaser and a tool for the coffee geek to play with while we waited for the automatic version. There is a lot of technology and work put in to this pretty coffee brewer, and I think it looks awesome. It also brews really good filter coffee, but still you need to get your basics right like any other brewing techniques:
- Use traceable and freshly roasted and ground coffee of high quality
- Use clean fresh water with low mineral content (Tap water in Norway is perfect in most cases)
- Use precise measurements. I recommend 60-70g per litre of water depending on how strong you want it. Use a scale to measure.
- Make sure you grind the coffee to the right particle size. Too coarse will give you a watery and sour taste. Too fine will lead to bitter tastes.
I realize that it is just a filter brewer, but there are some really nice details that makes it a great brewer:
- Flow control to be able to control the flow from the filter holder
- Precise brew water temperature from the first seconds to the end of the brew cycle
- No residue water left in the brewer after brewing
- Detachable water reservoir for filling clean brewing water
Here is a little video that Wilfa has made to show you how it works.